Sacroiliac Joint Disease
Sacroiliac (SI) joints are the larger joints that are at the base of your spine. Over time, these joints can become arthritic, usually due to some type of trauma. If one of the joints are affected, this can cause the pelvis to be out of alignment. When it is out of place, it can affect the surrounding tissue, inflaming it and resulting in Sacroiliac Joint Disease. Not only can this be painful, but it can decrease your overall quality of life if left untreated. Sometimes just sitting can increase the sacroiliac joint pain.
Our experts can help you identify the source of your pain, and offer non-invasive solutions that can get you back on your feet without a long recovery period. Using only the industry’s leading spinal decompression technology, our experts can alleviate a variety of painful conditions. Recognizing the signs and symptoms can be an indicator you may need chiropractic attention.
Symptoms of Sacroiliac Joint Disease
Sacroiliac Joint Disease occurs when either one or both of your sacroiliac joints become inflamed and can cause radiating pain down your body. Often, Sacroiliac Joint Disease can be misdiagnosed as general lower back pain – which is why it is important to visit a trained professional who can offer a proper diagnosis, like those at West Texas Neck and Back. Symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain that travels from your lower back, buttocks, down to your leg
- Pain associated with prolonged standing
- Difficulty climbing the stairs
- Putting more weight on one leg opposed to the other
If you’re finding it difficult to get around due to radiating pain, it may be a result of this condition. If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, there may be an underlying cause of your pain. Seeking chiropractic attention is key to alleviating your pain for good. There are a number of conditions that can lead to Sacroiliac Joint Disease. These typically include:
- Traumatic injury, such as a motor vehicle accident
- Infection of the sacroiliac joints
Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression For Sacroiliac Joint Disease
- Non-surgical spinal decompression is a non-invasive and non-medical way to alleviate a variety of spinal conditions. This therapeutic option works to naturally contract and stretch your affected areas. Spinal decompression gently pulls on the spine to create space between sacroiliac joints to relieve pressure on your affected joints, muscles, and ligaments. This in turn alleviates pain and addresses the source of your condition.
In Pain? Spinal Decompression Can Help!
If you’re suffering from radiating pain that is affecting your day-to-day, our experts can help. We’ve helped hundreds of patients alleviate their painful conditions without the need for invasive surgery, with spinal decompression therapy. Contact us today to learn more.